Setting goals has always helped me push myself to the next level. Now that it is a new year, I realized that I need to make some major changes in my life.
I have personal, financial, self care, self-love, home, and blogging goals which I would love to share if for nothing more than to be held accountable. I know this will take a lot of work.
So I’m going to run through this idea that priorities are different than goals. You priorities are general ideas. Things like I want to be healthier. That isn’t exactly measurable, but it is something you can attain.
A goal is a measurable action to get to that priority. You could say something like I will drink 64 ounces of water everyday and workout for 30 minutes 3 times a week. That is a goal that is measurable.
Here are mine:
Personal & Self Care
Priority: I want to be a more authentic version of myself without thinking what other people might say.
- Spend 5 minutes every morning meditating and using affirmations.
- Take a morning/afternoon away from the kids and my husband fora little bit of time alone.
- Read one self-improvement book this month.
Priority: Make extra money to save up for a house.
I am so sick of living paycheck to paycheck. Yeah, I have a 401K and great benefits, but I am constantly stressed out about money. My 2018 goal is to be debt free, buy a house, substitute my husband’s income, and have a $10K month! This is going to be my year!
- Make an extra $300 working on the side.
- Work 5 hours on two Saturdays to bring in some overtime money
- Reach out to bloggers and business owners looking for someone with my expertise (blog management, content creation, and social media management)
Priority: Organize and Declutter
- Tackle the pile of clean laundry
- Get rid of clothes I haven’t worn in over a year
- Donate baby clothes
What are your goals for January? Click To Tweet
Priority: Create a space that is encouraging and helpful.
- Increase my views to 1000 for this month
- Schedule out social media content on Sundays
- Post 2-3 blog posts per week
As you can see, I’ve broken up my priorities then decided on three goals for each. It should allow me reach my priorities. You might find that my priorities don’t really change much over the course of the quarter.
What are your goals for January?
Alesia is a working mom who fights her way through life, depression, and just plain stupidity. She strives to show others that it is possible to be a bad-ass while you feel like you’re losing your mind. A Bottle of Sanity is a space in which working moms may find easy recipes, parenting tips, and sanity.